- Latest News
- Office Furniture Arrange
Office Furniture Arrange
If you have an office for work, it’s important to consider how your office furniture is arranged. Whether you are setting up a home office, moving into a new office at work, or even if you have been in an office for a while but need to rearrange it, there are important considerations that you must make in arranging your office furniture.
- Determine the goal of your office furniture arrangement. Consider whether you are arranging your office to make it more welcoming to clients, to maximize your productivity, or purely for aesthetic reasons.
- Measure the size of your room and the size of the furniture. Figure out the area of your room by measuring the walls and multiplying the length of the room by the width of the room. Once you know the size of the room and the size of the furniture, you can make some preliminary plans on how to position your furniture without actually moving the furniture.
- Position your desk first. The desk is your most important piece of office furniture because that is where you do all of your work. Position it with your goals in mind; for instance, if you arranging to maximize productivity, you will want to put it near electrical outlets so that you can plug in your computer or other office machinery that you keep on your desk. Also consider putting your desk near a window to maximize the amount of light in your work space.
- Place your most used office supplies or machines near your desk. If you need to use a printer often, place it near your desk where you can access it without getting up too frequently, such as behind your desk. If you need a file cabinet to hold your files and you work on several files a day, put your file cabinet near you at your side so that you can easily turn to access it.
- Add chairs for clients or meetings. Place a few chairs near your desk so that when someone comes for a meeting, you can work from your desk. Place at least one chair in front of your desk directly across from you.
Published : 14-Sep-2020